Skip to main content

What I've learned since I've been out in South Carolina Knocking...

I'm definitely long passed due on a handful of posts. But here's a short one for today.

What I've learned since I've been out in South Carolina knocking:



Most people in the South have guns.
Most people in the South have dogs: Bulldog, Pit Bull, or a Lab.
Most people in the South are laid back and chill, and love their cook outs.
Working door to door will be the most difficult work I will ever do.
That working door to door alone sucks, and you get lonely throughout the day.
For every hundred doors I knock and speak to mean people who aren't interested in Home Security, there's always a door that understands the value of protecting their family and loved ones.
Truth of the matter is, everyone needs Home Security, the only logical excuse is when $10 a week takes food off the table.
I'm worth more than $9 or $10 an hour.
I'm not a quitter.
I love my family.
I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.
Whenever I feel alone on the doors, I remember the Lord is always with me.
I listen more to the spirit of the Holy Ghost for protection, and help in finding those who are ready to hear my message.
I miss and love my friends back in Utah so much, but if I didn't remove myself from them, I don't think I'd realize how much more close I could be, and needed to be, to Heavenly Father.
I can live just about anywhere as long as I have the key factors of life that make me happy:Family/friends, Religion, and Work.
I'm excited to start a family of my own.
I wish I were close to getting married.
Sunday's are the best day of the week.
Church fills up my spiritual cup to make it through the week.
Prayer is so important, where ever, and whenever you need to communicate to the Lord.
Hugs and kisses make me feel so loved.
I love watching over my sister's kids, more than going out and playing or go to the movies.
I'm not a pushy person.
But I don't want to be a push over.
I have feelings, I'm emotional.
Scripture reading puts me at peace.
I have so much potential.
Learning curves suck.
Patience comes easier with more practice.
With no one else watching me, I can push myself.
I'm blessed everyday.
I will not fail.
I didn't just come out here to earn enough money to pay off school.
I'm learning other things that will make me a stronger and better person.
I'm building character.
I'm building tougher skin.
I'm growing closer to my Heavenly Father.
I have everyone's support that I need, even if hundreds of people slam doors on my face.
I am always loved.

Comments

Tiffany said…
I love you! You are learning so many things out there. I am glad you can have this experience! Keep up the good work!
Amy said…
Keep it up, girl! So nice that you get to be out there with Lig and her fam. I'm sure she loves having you close by.
Mac said…
Dearest Gio! I love you tons! I'm so glad that you're learning so many wonderful life lessons. I'm slightly jealous :) I miss you tons and cannot wait until you come back home!
Eloisa said…
Hijita, I completely appreciate what you are doing. I pray for you all the time, first for your safetyness then for your success in your goals. I love you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting