Skip to main content

Dare to Dream big...



Dare to dream big...
I don't know when it all began.
Perhaps in my childhood.
It was apparent.
My independence.
I was never a follower.
I loved to talk.
I would talk my way out of things.
My imagination endless.
My possessions priceless.
My joy was endless.
My laugh infectious.
I dreamed of being a teacher.
A teacher of things.
A helper.
An intellectual.
My ambitions high.
Reachable.
Work hard, and see the fruits of your labor.
But today...looking at the ground.
Looking for the smallest green to sprout out of the ground.
Proof of my labors.
A tear drop.
Waiting.
Misery.
Talking to myself.
Hoping for sprout.
Solitude.
Have I placed my priorities in the wrong pursuits?
Have I planted the wrong seed.
Not bad seed.
Wrong seed for my season.
I've always claimed I'm a dreamer.
Is the answer simpler than I allow myself to believe.
Change my perspective.
A young child.
A young woman.
A disillusioned adult.
Wake up.
It's not a dream.
It's my world.
My reality.
I control it.
Not my dreams.
Dreams are what we make of them.
They help us reach realities heights.
So why just stop at the dream.
And make something for myself.
Plant the seed that will grow strong.
Rather than the seed that leaves me crying.
I was designed for more than this.
And this isn't bad.
I'm sure someone would be happy to be in my shoes.
But I'm not.
So, if I control my life and how I react to it.
Why not make it a brighter one?
Why not stop sulking?
The wounds will heal.
The insecurities fade.
The pain eased.
The root blossoms.
The past disappears.
The adversary dies.
If you were to die in the next year?
What would you be in a rush to accomplish?
Why wait for a year?
What's stopping you?
Go out and do it.
Stop limiting yourself.
We set our own limitations.
Are you limiting yourself?
I would lie...
If I told you I wasn't.
I'm a dreamer.
And dreams do come true.
When we go out there and catch them.
And make them our reality.
I was not made to fail.
I was not made to break.
I was not made to be destructive.
Or crumble.
I'm better than this.
And so are you.
Never settle.
Your heart will find what it needs.
When you make the right choices,
Everything else falls into place.
Stop the worrying.
And feel the inner child in you, break through.
The innocence.
And they get it.
It all starts with an electric imagination,
and the willingness to keep pursuing the dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting