Skip to main content

No shame in asking for Help

I don't know why I cycle back to this problem all the time.  I go a long time without praying, even though I have such a genuine understanding that prayer really works, and is a comforting experience of communication with my Heavenly Father.  I have no problem praying for group settings, the problem is just praying by myself.  It's the private prayer that I have trouble saying.  I don't want to say lazy, but I guess in a prideful manner, I don't find myself wanting to both The Lord with my problems.  However, the longer I go without prayer, the more pain I carry, and the more alone I feel.  It is not that prayer alone solves my problems.  Prayer gives me peace that my problems are not  eternal.  That I may feel alone, or scared, or disappointment, but that I have no need to fear.  That my Heavenly Father has eternal duties for me, and my duties here are in earth are minimal, short lived, and narrow viewed.  I like to think I have matured over the years, but the truth is I still worry a lot.  I have peace in knowing God is real, that he gives is peace, but I have yet to fully realize that the peace is not this general peace and harmony for everybody, but that I can actually live with this peace and harmony daily when I rely completely in a trusting relationship with God the Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Can you love someone, and equally have trouble trusting them?  I think you can.  I believe in the healing power of Jesus Christ, I just sometimes don't believe or practice it on myself.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I need to stop trying to be independent, and self reliant, the plan of salvation is depend any on the Savior, as much as I want to grow up, I need to learn to be okay with relying on Christ for help, and for peace.  There is no shame, in asking for help and trying to show trust in the abilities of others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

Mice Will Play, a dance dedicated to my beautiful older sister, Ligia.

The beginning of my composition piece. It's always a work in progress. And here is a video at about where I am during midterms (half way through the semester). And playing with music... And a final rough draft... But still not content with the music, and it's still a work in progress. Oh well, time's up. Stay tuned for the final performance! :)

My Great Adventures Moving Out

Moving out can be a very stressful mess. But being the last roommate to move out, can be a person's worst nightmare. Let me see, it started out when I received a letter in the mail on August 4th stating that I needed to be out of the apartment by August 16th, which was a Sunday. Thinking I had plenty of time to move out, I noticed Vanessa moving out early because she was engaged and already moving things into her new house. Low and behold time snuck up on me, and it was became the move out week, unfortunately due to poor planning I had a full week of work scheduled as well. But I figured that I still had the whole weekend to move out. Big mistake! On the morning of August 14th, the Friday before I was suppose to be all moved out, REMS management slaps a note on the front door saying you have to be out by "August 14th," just as I was leaving the apt to go to a full night of work. I laughed...You can't put a note on someones door, and say you must be out by "