Skip to main content

My Happy List 2020!

Looking back on old posts that I saved as drafts, I came across this one.  And overall, thought that this is a great one!  I have got to make an updated post and finish it.  So here it is!

I used to make happy lists...my best friend and past roommate, Tiffany can attest to this. I would make a happy list for myself while I lived in the dorms, and I shared it with her. And she knew that if I was having a rough day or a difficult time, she would resort to my happy list to brighten up my spirits again. It really was an inspiring tool for me to use at times when I was sad. I think everyone should have a happy list, and constantly be make updates or modifications to things that make you happy.

Hmmmm....I wish I kept a copy of my of my original "Happy List," so I'll do what I can and try to remember what was on my original Happy List, while conducting a new Happy List of things that make me happy today.

Original 2004 Happy List:
  • Puppy- My stuffed animal doggie that my friend Amara bought me my freshman year in the dorms for my birthday.
  • Beach Boys- Their songs always remind me of working and living in California. The true California beach culture, is the fun lively tunes of the Beach Boys. Home sweet home.
  • Fantasmic- A musical show at Disneyland performed with all my favorite disney characters and stories performed on the water. Disney tunes make me so happy, but this show has a way of bringing out the little kid in me, and give me so much joy and hope.
  • Strawberry Dole Popsicles- Are like a dream come true to my taste buds. I love fruit and this cheep popsicle delight was just like a $1.00 favorite treat of mine from the vending machines downstairs. Love the dinning plus. MmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMMmmm!
Old December 2009 Happy List:
  • California Pizza Kitchen Pina Coladas. I've always loved fruit smoothies, and I tell you...no other place has made impressive smoothies like this.
  • Talking on the phone to Ligia and Orion. I don't know what it is, but I look forward talking to Ligia about life, because she's my bestie, and then just talking to Orion is the sweetest funniest high light of my day. Orion loves me and says things like, "I love you Gio!" "Bye bye Gio!" And he sings me song like Twinkle Twinkle and I Am a Child of God.
  • Diet Coke...I might be addicted...but I really like Diet Coke.
  • My music. It just makes me happy, and want to dance, and sing, and move, and I just love music.
  • Watching a new movie. I love new movies. I don't know what it is about it, but I always get excited for new movies. And if it means going to the movie theater I love it, with movie theater popcorn and a drink, I get so happy.
Current January 2020 Happy List:
  • Diet Coke.  The addiction is real.
  • Pumpkin Pie with whip cream.  I can eat an entire pie myself.
  • Pizza.  Pizza makes anything better.
  • Movie Theater, Popcorn and a Drink.  This is going to the movies to watch a movie I haven't seen yet.  I love the excitement of watching a new release with popcorn, and a diet coke.  What the heck do they put in the pop corn that makes it sooo delicious?!?!?
  • Disneyland.  Just makes me giddy like a little girl again.  Just thinking about it makes me happy.
  • Talking to Aslan on the phone.  He is Ligia's 6th child and he loves to talk to me on the phone, and lets me know he loves me, and sings I Am a Child of God, just like Orion (Ligia's 1st child).
  • New Clothes.  I hate to be vain, but total confessions of a shopaholic here.  There is nothing like the feel on new material on my skin.  LOL!
  • Tiffany Hale.  She is my best friend, she just knows how to make me smile.  Time and time again.
  • Snow.  We bought a dog, Snow, this past year from the animal shelter.  Snow is supposedly my dog and we co-parent her with my sister and brother-in-law.  But really, I feel like she is their dog more than mine because she lives with them, and I have no way to house her or take care of her right now.  However, I still love having her around.
  • Nanorya.  This is a small group of friends that just make me laugh.  Just glad there are some people still around Provo/Orem, to remind me, that I am not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

Mice Will Play, a dance dedicated to my beautiful older sister, Ligia.

The beginning of my composition piece. It's always a work in progress. And here is a video at about where I am during midterms (half way through the semester). And playing with music... And a final rough draft... But still not content with the music, and it's still a work in progress. Oh well, time's up. Stay tuned for the final performance! :)

My Great Adventures Moving Out

Moving out can be a very stressful mess. But being the last roommate to move out, can be a person's worst nightmare. Let me see, it started out when I received a letter in the mail on August 4th stating that I needed to be out of the apartment by August 16th, which was a Sunday. Thinking I had plenty of time to move out, I noticed Vanessa moving out early because she was engaged and already moving things into her new house. Low and behold time snuck up on me, and it was became the move out week, unfortunately due to poor planning I had a full week of work scheduled as well. But I figured that I still had the whole weekend to move out. Big mistake! On the morning of August 14th, the Friday before I was suppose to be all moved out, REMS management slaps a note on the front door saying you have to be out by "August 14th," just as I was leaving the apt to go to a full night of work. I laughed...You can't put a note on someones door, and say you must be out by "