Skip to main content

Where I Am Today

Hey hey! Well...even though I swore off my blog last year, if you're reading this...I guess you'll be glad to know I had a change of heart. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. What happened?!?!? Well, Ligia (my older sister) twisted my arm into it. Now that she isn't living in Utah, nearby me anymore, she's picked up on her blogging and totally neglected the fabulous world of facebook. And well, I miss her, and her kids, and in order to keep up with the latest news on her family, I'm constantly having to read up on her blog. So I started to sign online to check out her blog, and tried once again to set up my blog and decorate it. So with some guidance from my older sis-tah as to how to decorate my blog and how to make all these gadgets work, I think I am now ready to start taking this blog thing more seriously. I don't know if anyone will read it...other than Ligia, and maybe Tiffany, or Jake. But that's ok with me. I'm not doing this blog to impress anyone. Just for me, and the sake of recording things, and keeping a record of where I am today, so that one day I can look back and see where I was yesterday. Heehee! :)

Well, lets see. Maybe I should summarize where I am with my life right now. I'm currently living in Provo, UT. I finished another semester at BYU in April, and have under a year left there. This time next year I should be graduating (I hope!!!!). It's exciting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...finally! And even though it's taken me so long to get through school, I've enjoyed the ride and treasured every minute of it. College life has been quite the learning experience for me, and if I had done it any other way, I may not know what I know now. So, I remind myself it's always important to be grateful and to always always always enjoy the journey. One of my favorite quotes..."Success in the journey."

So, for those of you that don't already know. I'm a dance major at Brigham Young University, with an emphasis in Modern/Contemporary. I've danced for most of my life, but dancing at BYU, has been an experience unlike any other, and I've learned to love dance entirely. From the tears, sweat, and pain, to the laughs, joys, and triumphs. Not only has dance made me a better performer, but it has made me more complete, and allowed me to develop myself more as a person from the inside out, instead of the outside in.


For summers I usually just work, and am working at 3 locations. Firstly, I have a job in Lindon, working with a 3 year old boy named Tate, with a hearing loss in a therapy called ABA Therapy. I got this job while hunting for job in the school newspaper, The Daily Universe. I started back in October and I just love the little boy to pieces! It really just is a job to teach the boy to learn how to learn and how to want to learn. The program is based on positive reinforcement, where I reinforce postive behavior that I want him to repeat, and I don't reinforce negative behavior. It's a very motherly job, and it keeps me connected to the deaf culture even though I don't get to use sign language, I still feel like I'm making a very significant difference. It's very rewarding and satisfying to do what I do.

Another job is working on campus at the Wilkinson Student Center on the weekends doing custodial work on the graveyard shifts. It's intense working Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30pm-6:00am or later the next day. I tell you! It's even harder to working all three jobs on Friday, and only 2 jobs on Saturday into Sunday, with only like 4 1/2 hours of sleep from Friday morning to Sunday evening. And then on Sunday people expect me to make it to my council meetings at 10:00am?!?!? You're kidding!


Luckily I have church at 1:30pm, but believe it or not, I still struggle getting to church on time, or even just getting to church. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak. However, I am getting better at this. I'm 5/5 weeks of church attendance in a row (which is amazing)! I think my new calling on the missionary council, and teaching gospel essentials is going to help motivate me to get up for church too. Now if only I could make it to my council meetings as well. Eeekkk! But yeah, I'm not so sure my 5/5 count of weeks that I attended church is very accurate because I have trouble attending all 3 meetings of church. The first week of the 5, was the only one where I actually made it for the Sacrament, but then I had to leave after Sacrament. Each week I'm getting better, and to church earlier. This last Sunday I made it as they were passing out the Sacrament, so I almost made it...but no. Nevertheless, I have no doubt in my mind that next week I will be on time for church...wish me luck! My fingers are crossed with hope!

My final job is working at the AMP alarm call center in Orem. It's a gorgeous building, very clean and spiffy. I take in phone calls from the Sales Reps and basically verify that the people are eligible to have the security system installed into their home and that they are in fact the home owner of the residence. Then the Reps call us back to do their set-ups, and we do the data entry and survey with the customers to verify that they understand everything and that all our information is correct. It may sound boring, but it really is fun stuff! There is a lot of down time, and everyone who works there is pretty cool and chill. While everyone plays games, I either spend time on the AMP website, or read up on other people's blogs (I don't think I'll ever truly be a gamer, like everyone else in the office is). AMP blocked facebook (Curses!), so that's another reason why I've picked up blogging now.

It's especially fun to get certain calls from certain Reps that are cooler than others! I personally look forward to receiving calls from my brother-in-law in Minnesota. Alex is a great Rep, good guy, working hard, so it's nice to know that I'm on the other end of the phone helping him out and doing whatever I can to make sure his sales go well and that everything is done accurately and correctly.

Ummm...there's not much more to update or say. It's summer, I'm working hard in Provo, UT. Not going to home to Cali this summer, which is somewhat sad in some ways, but I'm being blessed with good jobs, and good people out here in Provo. I miss my sister's babies! My nephew Orion, and niece Chrysalis are just absolutely gorgeous kids, and my life has been so much fuller spending time with my sister's family while they were out here during the school year. I hope this blogging will keep Ligia and I close together, even when she's far away. I heard this one kid say last night, BFFE...Best Friends For Eternity! Haha. Ligia is my BFFE, we're tied by roots, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Partner in crime! ;)





As for boys...there are none flocking my way. But are they ever? Seriously? I'm not saying that there isn't anyone interested in me. But the few that are...well lets just say...I'm not interested in. I guess I realize as I get older that I'm quite a catch! Heehee. I'm not really looking to date and play around, and just have fun time with just anyone at this point in my life. Guys have to be able to have fun but still be of an equal maturity as myself. Not that I'm always mature, but basically they have to have their life in perspective...complimentary to mine that is. There just is standard that I'm unwilling to compromise for very good reasons. And I'm also unwilling to change anything about my personality to "hide who I really am" (advice given by an authority figure in my ward, who shall remain nameless at this time). With all my busy-ness, I'm not too entirely concerned with dating right now. I have plenty of friends and great people around me to support me in all the ways I need. But if any good stories come up...I'll definitely let you know!

Well, that's me in a nut shell. Most of my time I work, work, sleep, or work. But I still have my play times, and TV shows. I still manage to always squeeze some fun into my daily schedule, because that's how I am. I will keep ya posted on my summer fun-ness, and how life is going.

'Til next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility