Skip to main content

Killing it at the famous art of Kar-eo-ke!

Sooooo disaster today. I go into work at AMP, and I realize, "BLAST!" They blocked us from having access to Blogspot on the internet! Ridiculous! Come on now! First facebook, and now my new love of blogspot! ARRRGGG! But no worries. I'm hooked now...They can cut blogs out of work, but they can't cut blogspot out of my heart. Haha!

Well, hmmmm...I'm not sure there's anything new to report about on here. I havn't been up to much of anything as of lately.


Oh ok...here's a funny story. So me and my friend Aaron from work, have been talking about hanging out for a long time now, but never do anything about it. So we make arrangements to have an awesomely fun Kareoke night...Let's do killer Korean Kareoke Party!!! Basically the Kareoke machine is made by Koreans so in the English songs, all the background videos are of Korean people walking on the beach, or Korean animations that dance in crazy outfits, etc. It's really quite funny.

Anyways, on Saturday while at work, we invite everyone from AMP to come to our awesome get together, and everyone seems excited for our party. Both Aaron and I feel pretty freakin' special that everyone wants to come. Aaron decides that he wants to buy and put some snacks and treats together for the party. I tell him that he doesn't have to that, but out of the kindness of his heart, and some of the money from his wallet, he prepares some snacks for the guests.


This picture is sort of like what the Korean cartoon music videos look like. Except they dance really cool hip hop moves. It's fun to watch.

On Sunday, I'm running a little bit late...which is typical of me. And instead of getting to Aaron's party early to help set up things, I get there right in time. So there we are...Sunday night at 9:30pm, and no one is there except me and Aaron, sitting at the kitchen table munching on chips and the dip he made. LOL! Aaron asks again, "Do you think anyone else is coming?" So we start going through our phones and calling people. It gets to the point where we'll just calling anyone we know to get them to come over. One friend out of like 20 people from work at AMP show up. Thank you Christian for being loyal to us. But all those other fakers and sell outs. How dare they all pretend like they're going to come to our cool party and then stand us up. So I call my loyal friend Yoko to come do the "famous art of Kar-e-O-ke" with us. If you ever watched "Baby Ma ma" then you would have realized that I was quoting that movie. Excellent movie by the way! I completely recommend it to anyone! 5 gold stars of pure comedy! Loved it! "OOOOoooooOOOOOoooo!"


So to get started on Kareoke is always awkward. It's me, Aaron, Christian, and my friend Yoko. Aaron hands me the microphone and tells me I'm going to sing first...I'm like "No. It's you're Kareoke, you should start us off." But then I see a cool song, and get excited, and say, "Ooooo! I'll sing that! I think Aaron puts on a Brittney Spears song for me to sing. I think it was "Lucky". Haha! And things start to get rolling. Next, Aaron sings a solo, and then Yoko gets excited to do a duet, and then before you know it we just keep wanting to sing solos and duets, back to back, and at this point we can stop the singing madness! Aaron has a huge selection of songs to choose from, it's amazing. Almost like a Kareoke Heaven if you ask me. :)

It's almost more funny to pick a song you're really excited to sing, and then after you try singing it, you realize that you can't sing it. You find yourself missing entire verses and just coming in at the chorus. Or if you're singing something out of your vocal range, you find your vocal chords jumping all over the place to compensate for your lack of talent. Haha. I especially think it's fun to pick out songs for someone else to sing. You never know what you're going to get. Kareoke really allows you to put your guard down, and just learn to be comfortable in your own skin, even if it sounds aweful. It's how you sell it, more than how well you sing it. I highly recommend singing kareoke if you're ever stressed! It's like a freeing of the spirit locked inside! Sometimes you need to just break free and let your true inner kareoke self out of it's cage.

SOOOOOoooo MUCH FUN!!!! So Aaron and Christian have amazing voices. Both way better than mine. But like in guitar hero, this kareoke machine gives you a grade after you sing. I must say that I am pretty amazing because I got 3 scores of 100 on my my songs. "Come on guys, what's the deal? How come no one else can get a score of 100 ?!?!?" It's funny to boast, when I know I'm not the best. Heehee! Well, we all came to the conclusion that the kareoke machine really likes me. What's my secret? Sing well! Haha! I don't know. I just know that me and kareoke have a fun time together, we have a good history, and kareoke and I are just tight like that!

So we're singing through the night, getting louder and louder, and more excited, and then at one point we hear a knock at the door. Aaron, goes running to his room and hides while telling us to get the door. What a nerdhe is, but yeah, my little 4'11'' friend Yoko answers the door. It was just a security guard telling us that no one was complainning, but if we could just turn down the volume of the kareoke because he could hear it out in the hallway.

But yeah, after the security guard left, little baby Aaron comes walking out of his room.
I say, "Well, where did you go Aaron?"
"I had to go to the bathroom..."
"You had to go to the bathroom in your bedroom?!?!? Please!"
And we decided that was enough kareoke for the night.

So we're ready now, all warmed up for out next big kareoke party. Hopefully if we do it on a day other than Father's Day, it'll be stellar! And me with my scores of 100...I will go to town on that kareoke machine! So on our next party I'll be ready to get into the swing of performing for an audience. I look forward to it!

Comments

Tiffany said…
I want to have a karaoke party with you!

When is your Vegas expo thing?
Ligia said…
You should have invited my Dad-in-law. :oP
Gio said…
Lig?!?!? You're Dad-in-law lives in Provo?
Amy said…
I love karaoke. Oh, and Gio, your letter to write your top ten things of is the letter... M.

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting