Skip to main content

We Are What We Say...

I recently read a post that changed how I've decided to look at myself. Read it, if you would like some serious perspective.

http://thankyourbody.com/beautiful-through-words/

But anyways, the idea is...we spend so much time endlessly trying to make ourselves beautiful by nature. Beautiful hair, beautiful make up, beautiful clothes. But if words really have the strongest impact on my beauty, why wouldn't I try to make this change to improve my personal image.

I have nothing to lose. Right? I can only gain.

I'm quite a piece of work. I'll tell you what, I am beautiful.

1. I have a pretty legit smile. I sincerely look happy when I smile, and I have the ability to make other people happy by radiating positive energy with this $30,000.00 smile! Jaw surgery...you made it all possible. Thank you good California Health Insurance, for helping me express myself clearly.

2. I have beautiful hair. Yes. Some people would die to have as mush hair as I have, and it's thick, rich, and healthy, and grows faster than almost any person I have ever met. The boldness in cutting your hair, knowing that it will grow back in full and long within a year. Not many people can dare to be as daring with their hair because they are afraid it will be over. I have enough hair for 3 people, and I've donated it so many times. What a blessing.

3. I used to look at my calves and think they were fat, and chunky. But honestly, I like my muscular legs, my strongest asset as a dancer. My calves, allow me to have explosive energy, when I dance, they push my butt off the ground, or allow me to have quick articulate feet in tap or clogging. They are strong, long, and beautiful.

4. I have expressive toes. I think I actually have a might fine point. Most my ballet teachers would say, "You have beautiful feet." Hah! To all the people that cursed my feet for being flat footed. I think my expressive feet are a sign of my beautiful triumph over what some think of to be a disease.

5. Beautiful Hands. I think my hands are just perfect. Not too dainty and not too masculine. My hands look like I work hard, I never liked the fact that some girls always have fake nails and painted. It a sign that you don't know how to work with your hands. And me, well I'm a hard worker with my hands. And I'm not saying I'm a fan of guy hands who are all cracked up and dry either. I think there is a happy medium. Someone with natural healthy nails, and hands that look like they are strong enough to work. Hands that can speak their own language. Expressive and beautiful hands...that's what I got.

6. Clean looking skin on my face. Lets face it, I love my skin. I've never really had achne. One or two zits that I can deal/cope with. I've always had pretty smooth looking skin. I love the way my skin looks in pictures. A balance of color, not pale, but not like I went to a tanning salon. Just a healthy amount of sun, and I'm the right color for my ethnicity.

Two more things...

7. I think I actually have a cute nose. My mother always told me that I was her child with the cutest nose. And I always believed her. I mean, It's the right size for my long face. It's not too pointy or too big, or too round, or too small. Just right. It allows me to clearly express who I am without being a distraction, it only compliments the rest of my face.

8. I actually think I have pretty eyes. I always find people complimenting my eye make up. But I think they really are complimenting my eyes. No amount of makeup around my eyes can change the fact that my eyes are gold. I think the makeup really only helps show that my eyes are really quite special. They glow. Maybe from the inside out. I mean, if my eyes were ugly, no amount of make up could change that. And a huge thanks to my eyes for being super powerful. All these many years sitting right in front of the TV and still no glasses? What a miracle! I love my eyes!

And these are the things that I love about myself. I am beautiful. Maybe not perfect, but then again who is. Those who might be perfect on the outside, never have it perfect on the inside, and the worse part is, even if they are beautiful, the reality is, they will never be satisfied, and only seek for more perfection. And you'll never be happy.

So you know what, rather than defeat myself. I'm going to be a part of TEAM GIO! And acknowledge my beauty where I see it! :)

Comments

Amy said…
Love you, Gio! I have always thought you were beautiful, too. But not just because of your pretty face, but also because of your big, kind heart. Miss you, dear friend!

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting