Skip to main content

My expericence working at AMP

I should probably let you all know that as I worked my 3 jobs during the summer, I started to feel exhausted and overworked, and because of my fatigue I wasn't able to give 100% in all 3 job environments. So even though I would have loved to keep all three jobs of ABA Therapy, Custodial at BYU, and the AMP Call Center, I decided to end my time working with Tate in ABA Therapy in July, and continued working with my Custodial job and AMP.

As school began to approach in the fall I was aware I could not keep both jobs, and I began to wonder if either job was right for me to keep with my school schedule after summer ends. With the custodial work, church had taken a back seat in my life, and I didn't want that to continue being a problem in my life. So I made the decision to end things with my custodial job, even though I had achieved a promotion as the WILK Weekend Crew Restroom Supervisor.

This left me working AMP in September, but even then I didn't have a secure position in office for the off season. So I decided to take a chance, and was told that I had a very good chance...with fingers crossed I decided to go out on a limb.

So, originally I started working at the AMP corporate office in Orem, UT in late March. Alex, my brother-in-law has wanted me to do summer sales with him for a long time now. He thought it might be good to get me acquainted with the AMP company, that he was working for as a sale rep, by spending some time working in the call center and learning about how things work there. I actually started working with the home security system industry last fall while working for the collections department at Icon Security (before they went under that is). I learned a lot while working with Icon, and built a good foundation and back bone for me to transition into work at AMP. I must admit it's really interesting to learn about all the different angles that a company must work from to run a successful business.

I am definitely grateful for this opportunity to develop skills that challenge my mind and offer me more life experiences to grow and learn from. I recognize that working at AMP really has been a blessing, and helped me develop greater qualities as a person, more backbone, more desire to work hard and work together with a team. I don't know how or by what odds I was chosen over several others who wanted to keep their jobs, but I am positive that I didn't achieve this solely on my own. Heavenly Father has guided me through this pathway that lead me to try new things and see the world with new eyes. Thanks Alex and Ligia for pushing me to work at AMP! It's been a great journey thus far.Remove Formatting from selection

Comments

Ligia said…
Glad it has been good for you. Next time don't cross your fingers. That's a silly superstition. Just have faith. Love you. It's not hard see. And it's not "too bad."

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting