Skip to main content

Things I'm grateful for...

My best friend Tiffany recently wrote a blog on the things she is grateful for...and I thought to myself..."Self! Whenever we are down and the weight of the world feels like it's on our shoulders, we must always remember to recognize the things we are grateful for!" So Tiffany...thank you for reminding me that even when we feel like we have nothing, there always is something. :)

Things I'm grateful for:

1.The Gospel (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)- It is the one thing that truly makes sense in my mind and my heart. Nothing is more comforting than my personal testimony of the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father. The fact that I know they are all real, and that they love me unconditionally, and want me to live worthily so that I may live to my fullest potential on Earth, and return back to live with my Heavenly Father some day. I can feel the hand of God in my life, I know he is there, and he listens, makes me aware of the needs of others around me, and answers my prayers.

2.My body- The sacred gift of having two eyes to see, two ears to hear, two arms, two legs, a nose to breathe and smell through, and a mouth to speak, sing, laugh, and eat (yummy). When I think back on some of my most humbling experiences of life I realize that many of my greater trials were overcoming physical limitations. When I had jaw surgery, learnning how to open my mouth again, and talking, and eating, and laughing, were all things that I didn't do normal for at least 2 months. I remember thinking that the day I can sing again seems so far, and it made me sad. More recently I had a leg injury where I tore muscle tissue in my right gastrocnemius (basically the fatty muscle we grab when you put your hand on back of your calf). This accident really forced me to slow down and spend an extra 2-4 hours attending to my leg, and in an already tight schedule I live by, this was no easy task. I'm mostly recovered at this point, but still can't wait until I regain all my strength in my leg again. As a dance major, you begin to realize how valuable two functioning legs and arms are, when you lose one of your four limbs.

3.My Family- You only get one! And as crazy and different as we all are, nothing makes me happier than to spend quality time with my family or even just hearing about what's going on in their lives with their beautiful little families. Knowing that we're all working through life, whether it be trials or moments of enjoyment, I love keeping my family close to my heart. My parents of course who sacrifice everything for me and are there for me a moments notice, my siblings, Ligia, my brother Mauricio who is on a mission right now, my little sister Tiffany. I love my grandparents who are all deceased now, but feel fortunate to grow up very close to them. My aunt Norma who found joy in raising us like her own children, with so much love and sacrifice. And of course, my cousins, who are much closer to me than cousins, but more like my brothers and sisters! I love all my cousins very much on both sides of the family. And I love watching my cousins and sister have their own little kids who bless our lives with so much joy and sunshine, and have taught me to open my heart in new way that I never knew it could be openned.

4.Ligia- Great friends come and go, but you are always there. You really are my kindred spirit, soul sister, partner in crime, "sisters, never ever ever ever sisters!" Just thinking about how much I love you, makes me teary eyed, and over joyed with emotion. My best friend. When I'm down, there no one else in the world I would rather talk to than you...and Orion of course (but you're a package deal. Haha!). But you are the eldest child of the family for a reason, and you live up to it in every way possible. You're the older sister I am proud to call mine.

5.Great friends to lean on- Great friends come and go...more recently they go more than they come. Haha! But no matter where they are, I know the Lord blessed my life more by providing me the opportunity to call them my besties!!! Tiffany Hale, Heather Nienest, Yoko Stevenson...these are just some of the more recent people that have touched my life, and have been around when I felt like I needed a shoulder to cry on, or someone to laugh with.

My life is truly blessed, and I really could go forever. But the purpose of this blog was to show gratitude, and feel better about myself, and I feel like I've achieved that tonight. :)

I will post really soon with all my updates, and I have some fun pictures and videos to post up as well. So stay tuned friends and family! I love you all. Enjoy the month of Thanks, and don't ever stop smiling!

Comments

Tiffany said…
I hope I am always one of your besties! (If not THE bestie!) Haha. I like this list!

I am grateful for you too!!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting