Skip to main content

Rainbows make the world go round...

Have you ever had a gloomy day in the office? It's raining and the window view of the gray stormy clouds can have the most subtle affect on your general mood bringing you slightly down in energy, and reflective at thought.


As I left the office that one rainy evening during the summer season, I was doing some personal reflection, and things felt pretty lower than usual in my mood. But then I looked up into sky, and I felt a sense of relief and kindness, and a warm glow in my heart grew as I noticed a double rainbow smiling back at me. I'm not sure what it is about rainbows, but since my childhood rainbows have always cheered me up instantly. When people asked me what my favorite color was I always said "I love rainbows," and what my favorite ice cream was, "I love the rainbow ice cream" (which was really sherbet mix). Anyone who knows me, knows that I love dressing in bright colors too!



For me rainbows give off a feeling of magic. I like to imagine that it's God, up in the skies looking down on me and reminding me he loves me. Even after a brutal rain storm His calming presence is still there. In that moment as I looked at that rainbow, I realized that one must endure the dark storm to enjoy the colorful light. At times, the good in life must come hand in hand with bearing and surpassing the burdens of the not so good things.




"No matter the storm at the end of the day, a rainbow will brighten and lighten the way."

Comments

Ligia said…
Ooooh pretty. I love rainbows. I actually just learned that in the last days, one of the signs to come is that there will be no rainbows for a year. I thought that was interesting and thought you might want to look that up. I asked Alex, "But what if you live in an area where there are no rainbows?" His answer: "Well, then let's make sure to live in an area where there are a lot of rainbows." That way we're sure to notice them missing I suppose. California is out. So is Arizona. Rainy places like Denver or any of the states further north would do I guess. Utah gets some but I think the place i've lived in that has had the most rainbows that I've ever seen was in Denver. Minneapolis had a few too. I guess there is more rain in the sunny summer days up there and less smog. Good combo. Maybe it means that the big cities are in their last days. Who knows. Just some food for thought.

Popular posts from this blog

A Few of My Favorite Things That Start with the Letter "M"

My childhood friend, Amy, posted a blog with ten things that all started with the same letter! Her cousin gave her the letter she used, and then after reading her funny blog entry filled with thing's that started with the letter "K," I asked Amy to give me a letter! She gave me my letter of "M." Being skeptical, I thought this would be hard, but a list of 10 quickly became a list of 21, so I went back, and chose my top ten to share with y'all. And here's what I came up with . Ten Things I Like That Start with the Letter "M": 1. Mother. Well, this was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of the letter "M". The sweet image of my dear mother. If any of you know anything about my mother...you've probably heard me mention how crazy she is! But what I mean by crazy is that I don't know where she gets all her energy from, at the whopping age of 29 years old (Haha! Or so she'll tell you that she's that

The Law of Tithe & Knowing He Is Real

I woke up this morning. Everything was as it should be, life was absolutely perfect with it's imperfections, and I was completely content. I began my morning brushing my teeth, reflecting on what had occurred the night before. I sat in my room, on my little spot clearing among a disastrous mess that I was trying to clean up, and after speaking on the phone with my mother, I decided to go to a corner of my room. I kneeled down to pray, and out loud I gave a long sincere prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father. It's amazing how long we can go doing things incorrectly, even though we already know what we should be doing and that it will help us of we practice obedience. The Law of Tithing is one of those great commandments I struggle with. I could perhaps say that my parents didn't really ingrain this law in my head well enough, but I never had to deal with this type of responsibility until I moved out of the home. So I must face reality, and know that the responsibility

Speed Dating

I'm not so sure I've ever been a real big fan of dating, or speed dating at that matter. But then again, my dating experiences have been so few, that I can't really judge speed dating too harshly. If anything, I would practice meeting more people, spend time getting to know my friends better, and just have a great time laughing at the most bizarre conversations. So for those of you who haven't ever been speed dating, it's the funniest thing ever. Luckily, it was a combined ward activity, so there were a lot of people from ward there that I knew, and I had the opportunity to meet some new people from the other ward. On this occasion, I only had 90 seconds to talk to a person before I had to move down the line of chairs to meet someone new. At first I was like, I'm sitting among my ward member friends, and I already know them, but then I thought it will be fun to ask them questions I've never really asked them before. Some people were really interesting